BEE Empowerment Services (BES) pride ourselves on being a leader in our area of expertise. We partner with your organisation to ensure the professional development and implementation of Employment Equity Plans and the submission of required reports for your organisation.
Our goal is to guide you through the process and ensure that your organisation’s Employment Equity meets the specific requirements of the Act and supports the long-term success of your organisation and the country as a whole.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT
- If your organisation has 50 employees or more (or a turnover above the required threshold) you are obligated to submit an Employment Equity Report.
- Designated employers need to appoint a Senior Manager to ensure that Employment Equity is implemented within their organisation.
- Employers are required to develop their organisations Employment Equity Plan in consultation with their employees.
- All designated employers must, in terms of Section 21 of the Employment Equity Act of 1998 submit their annual report annually.
- The Department of Labour will conduct random inspections to ensure organisation comply with the Act. Non-compliance with the Act will lead to enforcement proceedings and substantial fines.
- Failure to prove submission and acceptance of EEA2 and EEA4 reports will result in no points being awarded for Management Control and Employment Equity on your next B-BBEE scorecard.
PURPOSE OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT
- To achieve equality in the workplace by promoting equal opportunities to ensure that workplaces are free from unfair discrimination; and
- To ensure that affirmative actions are implemented to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups to provide equal employment opportunities.
Contact us to get the best possible level of service from experienced and professional consultants in the field. At BES we are dedicated to helping organisations achieve the Employment Equity Act requirements.